06 April 2009

A run in with .....the WALL!

Today Jackson went to daycare, because I had a dentist appt and I was going to get an oil change and just have a little "quiet time". As I was getting ready to leave the dentist, Ryan called to tell me that daycare had called him and needed one of us to get there right away because they had to call an ambulance for Jack, he had hit his head. This was all the info that I got to as I sat in the parking lot of the dentist. So I had to wait and see if they were going to take him to the hospital. Ryan called back and said yes, they thought it best to go on to the ER. So I drove there ahead of them and waited. It was tough wait not knowing what had happened or how bad it was. They finally arrived and Jack came in with a white bandage around his head many times and blood all over his shirt! Yikes, It was almost too much for me! Anyways, after some numbing medicine and wrapping him up in blanket- the doc finally got 8 staples into his head along the gash.
After going back to get his stuff I finally learned that they had been dancing, Jack tripped over his on feet (which he often does) and fell into the wall corner (where two walls meet). The teacher (one of my friends) went to get him an ice pack and when she got to him she could see it was going to need more than ice!! My other friend who works the front desk had to call 911 and she said she was scared because she knew Jack and I so well!
So now as he is climbing over everything and running around, I guess no harm done but a nice scar to be had!!




1 comment:

Kandi said...

HOLY CRAP!!POOR BABY!!!

i saw him today too. damn cdc :) get that kid a helmet next time you leave him at the CDC LOL