01 December 2009

One month to go!!!

I can't believe that this is our last month here in Alaska! As much as I say that we can't wait to leave and be closer to family, we will also GREATLY miss our friends here! The movers come next Monday and Tuesday to pack and move our things. We will then get some temporary furniture for a few weeks and then move into a hotel for the last couple days.
I love this time of the year and although we are not decorating, I have bought presents for Jackson with space in mind. We went and visited Santa this past weekend and he LOVED it. He wouldn't talk to him but he kept calling out Santa!
My mom comes next week as well so we can deep clean the house and then I will only have to touch it up before we leave!
We leave the base January 2nd 2010 and drive to Haines Junction, Yukon Territory for night one and the drive back into the USA into Haines, Alaska for night two- then the ferry will leave from Haines on the afternoon of the 4th. We will be on the ferry until Friday the 8th we we get into Bellingham, WA.
We are excited to go on our new adventure!

No comments: